Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Movie Reviews
Sometimes I wonder if I have a sleeping disorder or if my bio rhythm is still functioning well. I fell asleep early last night reading a book and then woke up at exactly midnight and I couldn't get back to sleep!
So it was action genre viewing fare - back to back!
Bad Boys 2 was disappointing. I expected it to be as good as the first. The story line involving the Cuban druglords, the Jamaican gangs and Russian mob was a bit confusing. But watching the rapport between Will Smith and Martin Lawrence was good enough for me to sustain it till the end. It was a pretty loud movie and during some parts I had to hit the mute button because I didn't want to wake up the neighbors at 1:30 AM.
S.W.A.T stands for Special Weapons and Tactics. Samuel L. Jackson is a cool dude - kicks ass, wise cracks and delivers witty rhetorics. Although he has a tendency to be typecast as a cop, his characters have strong screen presence. As for Colin Farrell well he didn't really stand out and was just part of the team. It is funny how from watching many movies, half way through, I can already predict who the mastermind is and who sets up whom. In this film, I won the bet again as usual!

No comments: