Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Weddings
A dear friend of mine is getting married in a couple of weeks time. We went to the same high school and also ended up taking the same course at UST. We've been in constant touch even when I was still living in Singapore then Dubai.
Im glad she is settling down. I wont say finally because I believe that there is no right time to get married. When the time is right, you will just feel it in your bones and know that you are ready to spend the rest of your life with someone.

As for my own preparations - I like to plan way ahead of time so I dont stress myself out too much at the last minute. So I ransacked my wardrobe for something appropriate to wear. Horror of horrors, I realized that half of my so called formal attires were black dresses. Im sure black isnt the color of the day. I managed to find a few presentable pieces. Next was the more shocking thing - I tried all of them and found out either I look like a stuffed penguin or worse they wont even fit me anymore!!!

Oh dear!

The last time I went to a wedding was in Dubai and it was a glitzy event as Lebanese weddings usual are. It was hip to be in black.

Now Im hitting the panic button as I realized Im too chubby to look glamourous.

List of things to do before the wedding:
1. Diet ... diet ... diet
2. Find a dress that wont emphasize my waist and hips area.
3. Buy a gift.

I better rush off to Rustan's now!!!

No comments: