Tuesday, March 09, 2004

Road Trip
My sister and I like to explore a new place, every month.
This month we chose Lipa City, Batangas.
So off we went with a full tank, food and parents in tow.
My sister driving, me the navigator/directions seeker/toll fee payer.
We paid P52 to exit the South Superhighway. Turned right towards Sto. Tomas.
Paid P16 to exit the Star Tollway, 86kms and 2 hours later - Lipa City.

A progressive city located in a valley between two mountains. Mt Malarayat and Mt Makulot.
It has branches of De la Salle College, AMA Computer College & STI College.
Shopping centers - Big Ben Plaza, Fiesta World Mall & Robinson's Lipa in the heart of the town.
Our first stop was the Basilica of San Sebastian. A beautiful church with a great architecture. We said our prayers & lit candles.
We then had lunch at Max's Restaurant.
We wanted to check out The Farm & the Carmelite Convent of Lipa where the Shrine of Our Lady Mary, Mediatrix of All Grace is located.
But it was getting late so it was time to head back.
We spent more hours stuck in traffic than reaching Lipa City.
But I didn't mind because on the way back my parents kept a running commentary about the history of Batangas, its people, & its delicacies.
The view was breathtaking.
It was quite a windy day so my hair was a mess.
Bad hair day = definitely no pictures day.

No comments: