Saturday, July 10, 2004

Looong Day [Friday]
Here I am wide awake at 2:30 a.m.
Simply because I was really exhausted last night.
From all the errands I had to do for my trip.
I fell asleep upon reaching home at 9 p.m
I love to travel. It is my passion.
It is the days before departure that drives me crazy.
I went to the bank during lunch hour when most people do their banking transactions.
By 1:30 p.m I was still in line, terribly hungry!
I practically gobbled my Tonkatsu Bento at Kitaro, Podium in 5 minutes.
I had barely sat down to sip my Iced Cappucino at Dome Cafe, when my sister SMS me that she was on her way to pick me up.
Then off we went to the Department of Tourism to pay the travel tax.
Weaving in and out of rush hour traffic, we finally reached Glorieta Mall.
By 6 p.m. to meet my mother at Rustan's.
She chose the gift for the baby.
I say CHOSE because she made the decision.
I was totally clueless what to buy.
Her reply after I sent an SOS to help me find a gift.
"OH alright I better go with you. What on earth do you know about babies and their stuff?"
My reply: "NOTHING"
My actual reply [but only in my mind]: "I just know how to make babies, that's it." LOL
While waiting for the item to be gift wrapped.
I came across a pair of exquisite shoes.
Something which look like these:

I have really tiny feet. I swear they are tiny.
I have a hard time finding shoes my size.
It actually makes me cry.
I've stopped entering shoe stores when I shop.
I KNOW without a doubt. They won't fit me.
So back to those pair of shoes.
Guess what?
They were at the kids section!
By looking at them, I knew they would indeed fit me.
But ... I was too darn chicken.
Or rather too shy! To try them on!
There were mothers with toddlers hovering around.
Pushy mothers forcing their kids to try every single pair on display.
So I was too embarrassed to make my move.
This isn't Europe or some foreign country.
Where I wouldn't care if people saw me.
This is a shop I frequent on a weekly basis.
So no way am I ever going to have the courage.
My sister insisted I try them.
I told her to hush. Then I simply walked away.
I know I won't hear the end of it.
I better snuggle back to bed and just read.
Hopefully fall asleep again.
Dream about shoes! *grins*

 Posted by Hello

No comments: