Tuesday, August 10, 2004

"You can erase someone from your mind.
Getting them out of your heart is another story."



I wouldn't know how to begin reviewing this movie. But suffice it to say ... it is different from the usual Hollywood fare of boy meets girl, girl breaks up with boy and moves on with her life. In this case, Clementine erases Joel (hey I know someone named Joel :P) completely from her mind with the help of technology. It got me thinking if I would ever erase a painful memory from my mind. The answer would be a resounding NO. I believe that everything happens for a reason. We have bad relationships, we hurt for a while (or maybe forever, I guess it depends) then we move on. It is those little aches we feel every now and then that makes life worth living. We learn from our past mistakes and we strive to make each day worth while. Jim Carrey did a good acting job in this movie. He is more suitable with these type of roles instead of the Ace.Ventura.making.silly.faces variety. Although the theme and the setting was a bit dark, the movie was good enough for me to endure the freezing cold theater. Plus I had to control my bladder from exploding because I drank too much ice tea while munching on BBQ popcorn. LOL  Posted by Hello

No comments: