Sunday, September 05, 2004

Full filled day, literally!
I was awoken by SMS messages sent through Yahoo Messenger this morning at around 6:30 a.m.
All because I forgot to set my cellphone in silent mode, last night
No they weren't from my immediate ex.
But for some reason it didn't annoy me.
In fact I was in a rather happy mood.
I sang along to the radio:

"I don't think that you think of me
You're on your own now and
I'm alone and free
I know that I should get on with my life
But a life lived without you
could never be right
As long as the stars shine down from the heavens
Long as the rivers run to the sea
I'll never get over you getting over me"


While I made scrambled eggs for breakfast.
Then I decided to treat my sister for lunch.
At Hue, the vibrant flavors of Vietnam, located at Greenbelt 3.
The ambiance is cozy.
Their tables are spacious.
The stamping of the double fish logo of the resto and HUE on the brown paper which serves as the table cloth is creative.
Though, I don't like the fact that they don't provide coasters so the drinks made wet glass stains on the paper.
The utensils wrapped in a little brown bag tied with a piece of string is an innovative concept.
Yet they don't provide fabric napkins which you can put on your lap.
Only those paper ones scattered on the table without proper containers.
A bit tacky!
We ordered:
  • beef stew soup
  • chili shrimps
  • grilled dried beef with sweet sauce
  • 2 steamed rice

  • The portions are adequate for two persons.
    I like the simple, elegant way the food is served.
    Food was delicious, I didn't ask for condiments.
    So the taste suits my palette.
    Afterwards, we headed to Cafe Breton.
    Coffee for her.
    Chilled mango shake for me.
    We sat outside so she could smoke.
    And people watch.
    After 30 minutes we were inundated by mosquitoes the size of tennis balls. LOL
    I was wearing my short denim skirt and I didn't appreciate the fact that my legs had bites the size of a 1 peso coin.
    The green house effect of Greenbelt while giving it a nice outdoorsy atmosphere can attract some unwelcome guests. Bugs!
    So while it is a.pleasure.to.be.seen place, I certainly don't like being feasted upon by blood suckers.
    Not when I'm having a good hair day and I shaved my legs to wear a mini skirt.
    Besides I know if I hang out at Greenbelt every single day or even every weekend.
    I would turn into humpty dumpty from eating too much.
    And my wallet would suffer 'withdrawal' symptoms.

    No comments: