Friday, November 19, 2004

My current obsession
I'm now hooked on foreign movies.
So my quest to buy as many 'artistic' films as I could find ... began at Megamall, this evening.
But we (my sister and I) needed a full stomach.
So first stop was The Rasa Express, the newest Singapore restaurant at the Megastrip. Reasonably priced, the interior design was cosy but the choices of food items are a bit limited. Tasty enough though so will definitely go back!
We were determined not to go home empty handed.
So we stopped at all the video stores on every floor, scouting every angle of each store and ended up with quite a harvest.
But I do lament the fact that very few French films are available here.
The guy who I chat with on a daily basis, E had recommended several good ones but I can't find them anywhere. Perhaps I need to get my butt off to Alliance Francaise one of these days.
I confess that my penchant only veers towards European/Latin American films.
For the life of me I can't stand Chinese and Japanese movies. Strange but true!

Anyways, I bought these:
1. L'Auberge Espagnol
2. Divine Intervention
3. City of God
4. Y tu Mama Tambien
5. Abril Despedacado (Behind the Sun)
6. La Seconda Moglie (The Second Wife)

No comments: