Thursday, July 21, 2005

Encore, une fois!
Ten years ago: We just arrived in Dubai, UAE for my father's last foreign assignment before his retirement. Quite a revelation for me to discover such a liberal city in a region known for its strict Islamic rules.

Five years ago: Still in Dubai, living it up in the grand 'diplobrat' way, happy with traveling, a steady boyfriend, carefree, no worries in the world.

One year ago: Slow but.it.pays.the.bills job, more time to pamper myself with spa treatments and out of town sojourns, a zero lovelife but that meant less worries too.

Yesterday: was my cleaning the house day. Mopped, dusted, cleaned the 2 aircon filters & the electric fans (would you believe I have 5 fans in this loft - no wonder my electricity bill is equivalent to the salary of an executive!), floor waxed the stairs and my most hated cleaning chore - making the bathroom spanking clean! Evening - I relaxed by watching "RockStar:INXS" on Star World and "CSI" on AXN.

Today: I've responded to several personal emails. I am doing some work online (taking a break to blog this) Tonight's TV fare includes "Rockstar:INXS", "Lost" and the finale of "The Apprentice" Season 2 (I already know who won but still ...)

Tomorrow: I need to get some banking transactions done in the morning, grocery shopping for the weekend and next week, schedule my derma appointment and maybe head off to my parents' place for the weekend.


5 snacks I enjoy:
  • Nestle yogurt
  • toaster buns
  • pancakes
  • Kit Kat
  • junk food like Lay's BBQ chips


  • 5 bands that I know the lyrics of most of their songs:
  • The BeeGees
  • Carpenters
  • Westlife
  • Bon Jovi
  • Blue


  • 5 things I would do with $100,000,000:
  • Buy a top of the line cellphone
  • buy a house nearer to the city for my parents
  • travel, travel & more travels


  • 5 locations I'd like to runaway to:
  • Paris
  • Florence
  • Barcelona
  • Lisbon
  • Palawan


  • 5 bad habits I have:
  • I'm lazy
  • I procrastinate a lot
  • I tend to judge people right away
  • I don't clean pots & pans
  • I don't answer phone calls


  • 5 things I like doing:
  • watching movies
  • downloading mp3s
  • reading in bed
  • sleeping (despite being an insomniac)
  • writing long emails


  • 5 things I would never wear:
  • swimsuit
  • white shoes
  • too much jewelry
  • unpadded bra
  • blue eyeshadow


  • 5 TV shows I like:
  • CSI
  • Lost
  • Amazing Race
  • Survivor
  • NYPD Blue


  • 5 movies I like:
  • City of Angels
  • Before Sunrise
  • Before Sunset
  • Love Actually
  • Amelie


  • 5 famous people I'd like to meet:
  • Johnny Depp
  • Edward Burns
  • Oprah
  • the Dalai Lama
  • Jon Bon Jovi


  • 5 biggest joys at the moment:
  • I am healthier and so is my family
  • My sister won a 2N/3D stay for 2 at an resort in Boracay! Teehee!
  • I got my pay cheque
  • I get to email/chat with soul mate ER
  • I am more centered, calmer & stoic than I've ever been in my life! Thus I heart myself more!


  • 5 favorite toys:
  • I'm not into toys so I will say just my computer!


  • 5 people to tag:
  • Anyone is welcome to play along if you want to.
  • No comments: