Friday, May 19, 2006

Have you ever been in a situation ...
Where you tend to assume the worst case scenario?
My conspiracy theory tendencies always do!
I realized I haven't heard anything lately from a friend.
A friend who has the habit of emailing me *every* other day.
Maybe my friend is busy with work, family and life in general.
I can't help but wonder if something happened.
But, no news means good news, right?
I don't know.
Something just seems totally off.
I can't put my finger to it.
I figure I can wait till next week to compose a "hey, you ok?" email.
I'm almost fearful to find out what's wrong.
Hmmm. I truly hope my friend is alright.

*** Updated on Monday May 22, 2006 ***

I finally received an email from my friend.
A very long lament about his marital woes.
Yikes, too much information to absorb!
It makes my head spin.
But I feel better now that he finally wrote.
I'm also grateful I'm blissfully single.
Or am I?
I don't know.
I'm just in a weird melancholic mood.
*Sighs*

No comments: