Sunday, February 10, 2008

Surprise visit
D had to work today, Sunday. Our usual date day.
Therefore I heard the anticipated Mass yesterday evening. Today, I spent the day lounging around the house, watching inane gossip talkshows. My sister enters the room and tells me "D is here." Since I was very absorbed with the tsismis, I assumed she meant he was on the phone. I ask her for the cordless phone. She tells me no he is here in the flesh downstairs talking with Dad.

What??!

After I recovered from my initial shock since I don't like being surprised, I hurriedly grabbed some decent/proper house clothes and rushed to the bathroom to put on my contact lenses. Yes, I know I am vain!
My mother started kidding me "Awww how sweet of D to drop by, he probably misses you na". While my puzzled sister was telling me "you don't want your future husband to see you wearing thick eyeglasses?".

Basta!

I told them to hush and ran down to greet D with a big smile on my makeup less face and thanked him for dropping by. Apparently, his work schedule was cut short so he decided to hear Mass at my parish so he could drop by my place before going home. This despite having been up at 4:30 in the morning just to be at work by 7 AM and nevermind that my loft is way out of his place.

Now tell me how can you NOT love someone genuinely sweet like him?

No comments: