Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Nowadays
The first thing I do when I wake up (aside from kissing my husband) is to switch on the computer and watch a slide show of our wedding pictures.

I know it sounds strange. The reason I do so is to make me realize that it actually happened. It was over before I knew it.

I remember waking up at 6:30 in the morning on May 15, 2008 feeling refreshed despite tossing and turning in my bed at that suite at the Holiday Inn, Galleria. At 7 AM sharp, Ed the make up artist was knocking at the door. He proceeded to do my make up first. I figure he must have stuck over a dozen hairpins maybe even more to transform my hair into a clean chignon. He was over zealous with the hairspray that I was thinking Al Gore might get angry at me for causing a huge hole in the ozone layer.

At around 8:15 am D texted me that he was already at the chapel along with his mother and some relatives. That was a good sign. The previous night I texted him to please be on time for our wedding (he has a tendency to show up late!) or else I won't talk to him for 15 months! He he he

By 9 AM I was all set for my grand entrance even though my sister who went ahead told me to show up at around 9:30. But I was getting impatient. I didn't want to make a big scene so instead of waiting for the car to pull up the driveway of the hotel, I walked in my heels taking care not to step on my gown down to the parking lot. But since there is no covered parking at the church, I had to pass by the main altar to get to the chapel. I was cringing as people kept staring at me. I don't like being the main attraction.

Anyways the minute I entered the chapel and saw D looking distinguishably dashing in his pina barong, all my worries simply vanished away. =) The ceremony itself started right on time. It went by so fast. I was giggling the entire time. We kept looking at each other and didn't know what to do. This move merited a comment from the officiating priest that it was obviously our first time to get married since we were groping and very hesitant in our movements. The main highlight for me was when the officiating priest told us after he gave the final blessing: "Now you may kiss the bride. Your first kiss ... in this chapel". Complete with a participatory countdown from our guests! That was really hilarious!

The lunch at the Shanghai Bistro at Eastwood City in Libis was yummy. We feasted on their set menu # 4. It consisted of really delicious well blended combination of several dishes. To name a few, we had dried scallop soup with shredded duck, Crispy shrimp hot salad, steamed Garoupa in soy sauce, stewed black mushroom with broccoli. We got compliments from our guests that the food was very tasty.

By 3pm, the lunch was drawing to a close. I changed into a little blue dress. We thanked all the guests who attended by gifting them with giveaways. Then my sister (the main 'event' organizer of my special day who did everything to make sure it was really 'successful') drove us to the Linden Suites for our honeymoon kuno. The place where we remained scooped in for 3 days and 2 nights totally unaware that it was stormy outside. Teehee!

So even though May 15, 2008 just whizzed by so fast, there is nothing I would change. Our wedding was as solemn, cosy and intimate as I wanted it to be. =)


No comments: