Friday, January 28, 2011

A creature of habit

So while I tend to get bored easily, there are certain things I never grow tired of. For instance when it comes to TV shows, I am quite loyal to shows I've been watching for over 10 years now. To mention a few - Amazing Race, Survivor and American Idol.

This talent show is now on its 10th season, with fresh new judges to give solicited advice to the contestants. Randy Jackson is back along with Jennifer "Jenny from the Block" Lopez and front man of the band Aerosmith Steven Tyler. So while they are not as 'mean' as Simon Cowell, they give good feedback to the contestants. I find it cute how Steven Tyler would close his eyes and listen intently when he likes someone.

I like watching American Idol because it gives a nobody a chance to share her/his God given voice with the world. Another reason is I get to hear songs which I'm familiar with as well as songs I've heard but don't know who the artist(s) are. Or sometimes I discover new songs which will now form part of my musically inclined mind.

Now I can't get enough of this song by The Script called "Break even"




American Idol is shown on Thursdays and Fridays at 6pm on QTV (channel 24) and Star World (channel 48). It has repeat telecasts at 8pm on both channels.

No comments: