Monday, November 07, 2011

Beanie bean

Ah yes the old reliable Mr bean is truly one of life's simple pleasures. The picture was in reference to a tiny stall which sold numerous varieties/flavors of the soya bean beverage. When I saw it in Singapore I thought it was the cutest thing ever. You notice how the bean has tiny legs and a grin that suggests it is savoring something delicious. Well the signage is cute not the drink, itself. I tasted it once and I almost threw up with disgust. Yuck, me don't like! Hehehe.

Well this post is about beans, specifically kidney beans as a key ingredient to some of my favorite recipes. These includes my version of flaming hot chili con carne, my mother's own soup recipe which consists of kidney beans with pork belly and the good old pork and beans (although lately you might need a magnifying glass to find the pork!).

But even though I love to eat kidney beans, it does have its disadvantages. It gives me gas and it makes my joints (specifically my knees) ache! The latter probably has got to do with genetics and my advancing age. :D Ergo, I only partake beans in moderation.

No comments: