Saturday, July 28, 2012

R & R

So I took some time off from everything that was pulling me down. I spent a couple of days at my condo unit. I ate everything I wasn't allowed to eat. If you would dissect my bloated tummy, you'd find junk food, pork products (ham, bacon, Tocino) and diet sodas. I stayed up way past my bed time (11PM). I slept in and woke up at 10:30AM. I managed to survive without the Internet.


I finally went and watched "The Amazing Spider-Man". As I sat in the nearly empty dark theater I realized the irony. The 3rd installment of the previous Spiderman (with Tobey Maguire) was the movie we watched on our very first date. So it was bitter sweet that I was watching the reboot by my lonesome self. But there is such a term as 'irreconcilable differences' and now I fully understand what it fully entails. But let's move on and not dwell on spilled milk, so to speak.


So for 2 days I did everything I wanted to do sans restrictions. It felt good. It was liberating. I am now refreshed. Now I'm back at the so called 'scene of the crime' but I am determined to let painful wounds heal in due time. In the meantime, I'll try to apply this saying to my daily existence:

Overthinking ruins you. Ruins the situation. Twists things around. Makes you worry. And just makes everything much worse than it actually is.

No comments: