Saturday, November 24, 2012

Plucking

The tweezers is one of my fave beauty accessories.  
 
In fact I have this morning ritual where I face the mirror and pluck out excess hair from my eyebrows.  Yes every morning!  I am what you call a 'balbon' person.  Meaning I'm hairy.

But I'm a late bloomer when it comes to shaping my eyebrows. It was only in 2008 when I got married.  The stylist I hired to do my wedding hair and make-up told me he needed to arrange my eyebrows. He didn't feel it was right for me to get married with thick, unruly eyebrows.  It would ruin daw my day.  He he he.

Until that day, I wasn't consciously aware that thick, bushy eyebrows could ruin one's day. But I reluctantly consented as he was adamant and held me hostage. He said he won't do my hair unless he took care of my eyebrows.  So I gave in.  No choice, really.

Now it seems I'm hooked and tend to obsess every morn over any excess hair that might be out of line of my shaped eyebrows.  So the tweezers is the first thing I pack whenever I travel. I would feel lost and naked without it.  :D

No comments: